There’s actually two options for you to apply, you can apply for Individual China Visa or you can apply for China Group Visa.
Yes, there’s such thing as China Group Visa. It is quite expensive but easier to get than applying for an individual visa. For this type of visa, you only have to pay your agent (around USD 60 ~ 80/Per person), bring your passport and have them scan your passport’s bio page. Your agent will then send it to China via Email. After a week or so before your flight, the parcel for the China group visa will arrive. There’s only 1 original copy for the group. You can reproduce it and show it to the immigration officer here in the Philippines. But upon arrival in China, you can only use the original copy as you will be lining up in a separate area.
I went with the Individual visa since I am going in China twice, 1 for Shanghai and 1 for Beijing, I got a double entry Individual China Visa. I’ve heard that it is impossible to get 2 double entry visa specially if it’s your first time. Good thing my boss gave me a letter stating that I will be officially escorting a group and got approved with my double entry visa request. Also, it is very important to have atleast 6 digits in you bank account. But so far, most of the visa applications I’ve handle were given single entry regardless of amount they have. Processing time is around 4 working days; If you’re in a rush, the best place to apply is in Manila because the Cebu Consulate does not accept rush processing.
Just like any other Visas, make sure to follow the list of requirements below:
1) Passport – Original passport that is valid for at least another 6 months with at least one blank visa page, a photocopy of the passport’s information/photo page and emergency contact page. The previous old passport, if available, is required to be submitted; if the old passport is lost, or the applicant never holds a passport before, please make a clear statement.
2) Visa Application Form – Please submit truthfully completed and signed Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China. Please type the answer in capital English letters in the space provided. Do not leave any field blank. Type N/A if the item does not apply. Application form of minors must be signed by their parents or legal guardians.
3) Photo – Please provide 2 color photos and affix one of the photos on the Application Form. The photo should be recent(within 6 months), front view, white background, in 48mm x 33mm size without head covering. (Specific photo requirements, please click here. ) Stapled/taped/clipped/detached photos will not be accepted.
1) First Time Chinese Visa Applicant
A) Bank Certificate of Deposit Balance (including the past 6 months bank statement) and the receipt for payment of this certificate;
B) BIR-stamped Income Tax Return Form;
C) Certificate of Employment(detailing the salary and the length of employment );
D) Business Registration Certificate(if you are the owner);
E) Professional ID/Student ID (if applicable);
F) Other relevant documents proving the applicant’s economic condition/ employment/study, or supporting the applicant’s travel to China, or explaining the travel purpose (if applicable);
2) Previous Chinese Visa – If you had obtained a Chinese visa before, you should submit a photocopy of the visa, and if the visa is on your old passport, you should also submit the old passport.
Hope this helps! Comment below if you have questions or if you need assistance!